Friday, August 2, 2013

Blue with Sunflowers














Blue with Sunflowers
Oil on Canvas
6" x 8"
By Cynthia Rowland
SOLD

Who can't help but think of Van Gogh when you see sunflowers. They were his flowers. 
I painted this piece after reading more about him in the book I mentioned below. This vase was given to me by a dear friend. I love the blue wave across the middle and somehow it seemed to intensify when I placed the yellow sunflowers inside.

This leads me into an area I will be teaching this fall at the Art League, LET'S DO COLOR! 
It occurred to me to start posting items about color for my students to keep in mind and hopefully keep them motivated outside of class! Life can always give you an excuse not to paint. Painting requires discipline, dedication and perseverance even when the going gets tough, like Van Gogh!

P. S. I am selling my small paintings at Daily Paintworks, http://www.dailypaintworks.com/. It is a great site, and I was flattered yesterday when they put this painting on their Facebook page. Thanks DPW!!

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. Beautiful. Colorful. And right now, maybe just slightly past, the wild sunflowers are in full bloom here in Albuquerque.

    ReplyDelete