Saturday, October 5, 2013

The War of Art


 

I am a bookaholic. I love books. My husband is so patient with all the books I have scattered over our home.  I heard about the War of Art by Steven Pressfield, ordered it and this book really is a kick in the pants. We all have fear and uncertainty when it comes to our art. I've heard it said discomfort is an indication of growth. If that is the case, I must be growing quite a bit lately!

The War of Art is made up of three parts:
Book One - The Resistance\Defining the Enemy
Overcoming resistance, the enemy of our mind.

Book Two - Combating Resistance/Turning Pro
Showing up, staying on the job while making the commitment over the long haul.

Book Three - Beyond Resistance/The Higher Realm
Approaching the mystery of creation and invoking the muses.

These are battles we must win in order to succeed! I liked the metaphor, because I become motivated when I can name my enemy. I think it's one of the best books I've read on overcoming creative blocks and obstacles and I highly recommend it! I love sharing books! Let me know if you discover a great book! I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment