Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Healing Tea


Healing Tea
6" x 8"
Oil Painting 
by Cynthia Rowland
$250

The last few weeks have not left me much time to paint. I went to an Art Business Workshop in Denver hosted by Alyson Stanfield, Art Biz Coach. It was a fabulous two days and I got so much from her presentations. I would highly recommend the workshop if you can make your way to Denver next year. I believe she said the workshop would be in November of 2014. She offers so much and she is all about helping artists and their businesses. Alyson's website is http://www.artbizcoach.com/

When I got home, I came down with the flu, and am still under the weather. My friend and fellow painter, Ming Franz gave me a good Chinese recipe for the flu:

1. Ginger: peel the skin and slice in small pieces, cook in 3 cups of water for a half hour
2. Turn the fire off, add lemon juice and a slice of apple and pear and black tea
3. Cover for a half hour
4. When the water is warm or cool put honey in it.

It seems to be helping!

I painted this before I left for Denver. The blue and white teapot comes from my mother-in-law and I never tire of painting it. Who doesn't love blue and white? In fact, she gave me quite a collection of blue and white before she passed on. Somehow, getting sick and then with Ming's recipe for her healing tea seemed the appropriate time to post the painting. The paining is available at http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/cynthia-rowland-4009

No comments:

Post a Comment